The 2019 BJH Foundation grant application must be emailed or postal stampled by March 8, 2019 along with all supporting documents. Failure to provide all information will result in rejection of an application.
Welcome 2019 Grant Applicant,
BJH Foundation is dedicated to enhancing the lives of Jewish adults residing in North and South Carolina communities through programs sharing Jewish values and beliefs.
BJH Foundation aims to help support programs and services that advance the Foundation’s vision. These include:
- Long term community impact.
- Collaboration with other local organizations.
- Participant involvement in social services (volunteer or financial.)
- Applicant organization showing their financial commitment to the program.
- Specific qualitative and quantitative outcomes such as numbers served and measurable impact on lives.
- Uniqueness (non-duplicative of other area programs or services)
- Competent grant management and program oversight.
There are 2 priority categories BJH seeks to help support. They are:
- Health and Wellness Programs that target people who may have multiple, complex, specific mental and/or physical health needs. Some examples include:
- Case Management with a licensed professional or case worker
- Congregational Nurse
- Dementia or memory impairment
- Group Day Care and Respite programs
- Other innovative approaches
- The long term impact of the program must be described.
- Grants for this category may be funded up to $50,000 per year with a possible duration of 3 years if requested on this application. Yearly approval will be required. Mid-Year and Year-End reports must be completed in a timely manner.
- For multiple year funded projects, grant amounts could decrease in year 2 and 3 with hopes the program will be self-funding.
- Socialization Programs reaching out to Jewish adults whose basic needs may not be met and/or are geographically isolated. Some examples include:
- Community building, education and furtherance of Jewish values
- Food Distribution
- New and Innovative
- Grants in this category may be funded up to $10,000 per year. A new grant request must be completed annually.
Directions and important items to remember:
- A qualifying organization can submit UP TO 5 grant applications. Multiple proposals should be ranked in order of funding priorities with #1 highest and #5 lowest in priority.
- Complete and submit an application with the required attachments. It must be received via email or postmarked no later than March 8, 2019.
- A legally recognized electronic signature (handwritten or electronic) is required on the Application-Grantee Acknowledgement page. This is also an agreement the information submitted is accurate.
- BJH Foundation does NOT fund core agency salaries or general overhead managed by existing budgeted staff. Consideration may be given for additional salary funding requirements not included in the pre-grant budget.
- Grant recipients will be announced by May 31, 2019.
- All Grant recipients are responsible to provide mid-year and year-end feedback on their program. (Forms will be distributed semi-annually.) Failure to complete the form may impact eligibility of future grants.
- BJH Foundation provides project start up and enhancement funding, not permanently recurring expenses.
We are excited to learn more about your organization and the programs you offer Jewish adults within North and South Carolina. We look forward to reviewing your Grant Application.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions.
Wendee M. Cutler, Executive Director